The world’s got so terribly, terribly old.
- Tony Kushner, “Angels in America” (via thegreateuropeanbicycletour)
…free me, unfetter me, bless me or whatever but I will be let go.
- Prior, Angels in America: Perestroika, by: Kushner (via judge-books-by-their-covers)
- Harper: I burned dinner.
- Joe: Sorry.
- Harper: Not my dinner. My dinner was fine. Your dinner. I put it back in the oven and turned everything up as high as it could go and watched till it burned blacked. It's still hot. Very hot. Want it?
- Joe: You didn't have to do that.
- Harper: I know. I just seemed like the kind of thing a mentally deranged sex-starved pill-popping housewife would do.
Jews don’t have any clear textual guide to the afterlife, even that it exists. I don’t think much about it. I see it as a perpetual rainy Thursday afternoon in March. Dead leaves.
- Louis, Angels in America (via judge-books-by-their-covers)